Michael Page are supporting a global FMCG business to attract a 0-2 year post qualified Accountant to join a best practice group finance team as a Finance Manager.
Our client is one of the most highly regarded global businesses in the South West (commutable from South Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and surrounding areas). What sets them apart from other companies are the people they hire and the investment they make in their staff.
They develop each member of staff to ensure that they never stagnate and aim to offer promotion every 2 years, which includes the opportunity to broaden your skills and, if interested, to move into another discipline (sales, marketing, commercial being the most common internal moves).
Commutable from South Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and surrounding areas, this is one of the best development opportunities for a career driven Accountant who wants to work for a leading FMCG brand as a business facing Finance Manager. The position offers a springboard for a career driven Accountant to a role at Financial Controller grade within 2-3 years.
The role sits below the Head of Financial Accounting and Control and will be tasked with:
- Working closely with finance and operational teams to understand business drivers and the impact on the wider business, with a focus on improving the overall understanding of the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Preparation and management of monthly reporting and bi-annual consolidations
- Support the Head of Financial Accounting and Control with ongoing improvement initiatives including continuous review of process and controls
- Management and development of one direct report
The successful Finance Manager must be able to work independently, hold themselves responsible for maintaining very high standards and meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA) - this would suit a first move from Big 4 or Top 10 practice
- Technical accounting background and practical knowledge of IFRS
- Strong leadership skills (demonstrating the ability to manage a PQ Accountant from day one)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working for an international business (desired)
£40,000 - £45,000 + 10-15% Bonus + Excellent benefits (high pension contribution, flexible working etc)