Group Tax Manager - High Growth Business
A newly created Group Tax Manager within a High growth Business is perfect for any tax professional wanting accountability/ownership and career develeopment. You will assume overall responsibility for the Tax across the business and develop new processes, improve efficeienties and implement tax strategy.
Our client are an excellent high growth PE backed organisation based in Central Bristol. They are building thier Senior Leadership Team to continue the trajectory of excellent growth. The ambition is to increase Turnover 4 fold over the next 5 years.
They have a great office culture and environment and the CFO is looking for like minded driven Tax professional to give depth to his wider finance team.
The key responsibilities of the Group Tax Manager within a High growth Business are:
- Tax lead on acquisitions and re-financings as the Group continues its European expansion programme.
- Put in place the correct group processes, standards and controls to make the company future "exit" ready
- Build relationships and interact with internal stakeholders and manage external advisors to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
- Identify and mitigate future tax risks.
- Lead on the delivery of a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe.
- Manage tax compliance processes for the group, undertaking a coordination and review role for the provision of such services by third party advisors.
- Manage tax provision (prepare IFRS provisions for quarterly and annual reporting process), including ad-hoc requests for tax information and status updates.
- Lead for quarterly and annual tax reporting to the Group, answering queries and questions and co-ordinating with the wider finance team.
- Manage tax provision (prepare IFRS provisions for quarterly and annual reporting process) and tax compliance process.
- Manage and coordinate tax audits and oversee the statutory account tax processes.
- Overseeing the management of tax and compliance in overseas jurisdictions, managing providers to KPIs and strict deadlines
- Manage and influence senior officers, mitigating revenue and custom reviews and risks.
- Coach and develop accounting teams to improve their direct and indirect tax knowledge and to deliver standard and compliant ways of working.
Successful candidates for this Group Tax Manager within a High growth Business will have:
- Proven work experience as a reporting and tax manager (either in house or at an accounting firm)
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and tax returns
- Knowledge of tax software and MS Office
- Excellent at meeting deadlines and solving problems, working to short time frames
- Exceptional service along with the ability to develop rich client relationships
- Strong leadership and influence skills
- Qualified tax technician or Chartered Accountant. Post qualified experience of 5 years+.
- Experience of managing external providers and budgets.
- Excellent communication skills, presentation experience to Board members and project management lead experiences.
- Proven track record of delivering and implementing step change through identification of opportunity and subsequent follow up (passion and curiosity for improvement).
Base Salary up to £70,000
Opportunity to create a new tax team
Develop your Career further
Great Working environment