Senior Business Analyst - Philadelphia
Role Summary: CHUBB has an opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst in their Global Risk Systems (GRS) department. The position will be based within the North America Organization. The successful candidate will gather and document requirements, perform system testing, assist with project planning, and perform other analysis tasks for the Applications. The candidate would work from Whitehouse station offices. There may be a need to travel to other office locations.
Successful candidate will work closely with Developers, Project Manager and other Stakeholders e.g. Actuaries, IT Technical Team, PMO... etc. ensuring that detailed requirements meet the business needs.
- Facilitates workshops, Gathers business requirements and translates them into technical specifications.
- Conduct gap and impact analysis.
- Manages changes to specifications in accordance with CHUBB and/or industry standards and processes.
- Develops requirements documents, technical specifications, data models, user–interface prototypes, user's guides, and other system–related documentation.
- Testing applications in various environments to ensure they meet requirements and processes.
- Supports end users by analysing technical issues and problem logs.
- Assists with the creation of project plans and release schedules; helps define project scope and objectives.
- Uses business and technical knowledge to assist the business community with reporting needs.
- Conducts user training on supported applications and technologies.
- Manage stakeholder expectations through engagement and regular communication.
- 5–7 years of relevant experience as a Business Analyst.
- 3–5 years Insurance knowledge in catastrophic modelling, pricing, property and casualty.
- 3–5 years of MS Office experience.
- Understands system development life cycle (SDLC) and project methodologies.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Responds well to change and handles multiple demands and priorities effectively
- Works well independently.
- Understands relational databases and query tools; has working knowledge of SQL (MS SQL Server/ Oracle) and Management Studio.
- Effectively meets deadlines.
- Develops good working relationships and responds to customers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Understanding of Insurance and Catastrophic Modeling.
- Knowledge of Property and Casualty Insurance plus
- Experience with .Net applications.
- Knowledge of Jira/ Service now would be helpful.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.