Director Accounts Payable, Finance
The System Director Accounts Payable is responsible for assisting in the overall planning, organization, direction and control of the Accounts Payable Department.
The System Director of Accounts Payable is responsible for the day–to–day
operations and strategic direction for the AP Department.
The Director will oversee the entire life–cycle of the transaction from the time an invoice is received until the payment is processed. The Director will be
responsible for interacting with internal departments and vendors to facilitate disbursements, resolve vendor issues and monitor the match exception process.Responsibilities
- Operational direction and vision of the AP Department
- Policies and procedures development and adherence
- Ensuring optimal customer relations and service
- Safeguarding Employer assets
- Staff development, mentoring and coaching
- Identification and implementation of process improvements
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and IRS regulations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Administration or Finance.
- Exhibit deep knowledge of the Accounts Payable function and how it interacts with Finance, Purchasing and other departments.
- Lawson or other ERP experience.
- Minimum of 7–10 years of related experience managing a large team of 8–10+ team members within fast paced, high volume area.
- Strong management skills, strong communication skills and ability to proactively monitor customer satisfaction and the quality of the services provided
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and how to apply them
- Ability to design, analyze, and manage using quantitative productivity and performance tools
- Must demonstrate good judgment, organizational and analytical skills.