Technical Business Analyst
The Technical Business Analyst helps to align business operational needs with technology, and serves as a bridge between the end user and the technical staff implementing the technology. The Technical Business Analyst is responsible for requirements gathering and analysis, system impact analysis, translation of business objectives into functional/technical requirements, and oversight of the quality assurance processes within the software development life cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Focus primarily on customer experience, gaining a deep understanding of application usability, and customer preferred enhancements.
- Gather and analyze business requirements from stakeholders and clients, and communicate requirements effectively to management and IS resources.
- Ability to participate in key operational improvements such as performance measurement, quality assurance, client reporting and process/technology enhancement planning.
- Analyze client and user activity for usage trends, and present opportunities to improve the client experience.
- Provide the process and leadership around defining and delivering business requirements.
- Perform gap analysis on technology solutions, process and organization/resources.
- Create supplemental business requirements documents such as Use Cases, workflow diagrams, traceability matrices, dataflow diagrams.
- Performs detailed analysis of requirements to assess impact on IS systems relative to current and future state technology architectures and data models.
- Assists with analysis, creation and validation of detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitates design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Work with developers, database administrators, and network/security engineers on the technical design and development process ensuring business requirements are understood and delivered.
- Assists with creation of elements of systems design including data models, data migration rules, business rules, and other deliverables associated with the software development life cycle.
- Builds and maintains the requirements traceability matrix.
- Reviews developer test plan and results.
- Develops system and UAT test plans.
- Reviews system and UAT test plans with IS and non–IS business partner teams.
- Coordinates UAT testing.
- Prepares production validation plans and leads production validation efforts.
- As needed, acts as a project lead on small and medium size projects.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
- Minimum 5 years of experience eliciting and documenting business, stakeholder, and functional requirements, business process maps, flows, and diagrams.
- Proven ability to present and explain project specific types of information to diverse types of audiences.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working knowledge of data reporting and analytics tools to support business needs.
- Ability to translate complex requirements into screen or report mock–ups.
- Working knowledge of multiple types of SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Experience or knowledge in the following areas a plus:
- Commercial Insurance knowledge preferred.
- Development Experience, and participation in all phases of a standard SDLC.
- Experience utilizing Qlikview or Qlik Sense.
- Experience with Insurity Policy and Data Solutions applications.
- Mobile experience
Post–secondary education in business or technical field, or equivalent work experience.