Accounts Payable Specialist
Our client is a privately–owned, very successful and well–established company, employing 65 members of staff over 3 branches. This role will be based out of their Leighton Buzzard location, supporting the Group Financial Controller, on all aspects of the accounts payable duties. This role includes maintaining purchase ledger, posting invoices and reconciling of credit card logs as well as ensuring all company purchases are paid within the required time frames. This opening is due to expansion and would be suited to someone with 3–5 year experience in a similar role. You will work in your direct team of 4 and will have good support and training on their bespoke system as required. A good work ethic with conscientiousness, an inquisitive mind, and an impeccable eye for details is required for this role and company culture.
The ideal candidate will have a good sense of humour, very able, and can work on own initiative as well as be part of an existing team in this professional and relaxed environment.
CREDIT CARD LOGS
- Balance credit card logs for all offices against totals from Barclays machine
- Identify discrepancies, investigate and reconcile
- Once balanced post onto NL
PURCHASE LEDGER, SALES LEDGER AND INVOICES
- Post PL invoices onto ledger
- Seek approval from MD or GFC when necessary before posting
- Investigate invoice queries, reconcile and submit for re–approval
- Ensure parts purchase order with invoice prior to posting
- Match statements to invoices prior to posting
MONTHLY STOCKING CHARGES
- Post monthly stock charges with accurate itemisation
BACS Payment – Make payments via bank:
– For invoices as and when necessary and requested to do so for the different areas of the business.
MONTHLY PAYMENT RUN
- Reconcile PL with supplier statements
- Ensure invoices entered in PL by 7th working day
- Write cheques for payment
CASH IN HAND AND PETTY CASH
- Maintain cash in hand and chase departments for outstanding amounts, as well as maintain and reconcile petty cash.
- Print internal invoices raised and process entries into system.
- Answer all telephones as part of a team and carry out any other duties that are deemed relevant and reasonable within this role, in a professional, honest and competent manner
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Will consider qualified, part qualified or solid proven experience 3–5 years in the same accounts related role.
- Minimum GCSE English and Maths Grade C.
- Confident, friendly telephone manner with team spirit
- Intermediate working level of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and accurate data entry.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- The individual must be proactive, self–motivated with conscientious attitude to the role.
The hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. with 20 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays, rising to 25 over service. Private healthcare after 3 month's. Statutory workplace Pension. Salary circa 22–24K PA negotiable depending upon experience.