Accounts Payable Clerk - Lincolnshire
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for processing invoices for payment. This individual needs to be extremely organized with above average accuracy and attention to detail. The ability to communicate, accept direction and interact well with the Accounts Payable Team is imperative.
Essential Job Functions:
- Index all invoices as a team with emphasis on accuracy.
- Process invoices in accordance with due date; follow up on requested items and keep Workflow notes updated.
- Ensure workbasket is updated/cleared daily.
- Review A/P aging to ensure timely processing of all invoices.
- Contact vendors to request any additional information needed to process the invoice properly or to send information for deductions/adjustments/changes.
- Follow up on voicemail and e–mail messages within 24 hours if not sooner (internal and external).
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable Team to ensure timely processing of all invoices.
- Help the Accounts Payable Team as needed to reach daily, weekly and monthly departmental goals.
- Cross train as necessary to have a better understanding of all vendors.
- Work vendor statements. Contact vendors regarding all payment details or invoice information.
- Help the Credit/Collections Department as necessary.
- Learn additional tasks/duties as required to assist the Accounts Payable Supervisor and Accounts Payable Manager.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ year working in an accounting office environment
- Understanding of Accounts Payable process and systems
- General computer knowledge with specific experience with Microsoft Office products or similar
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi task
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must work well independently as well as with a group or team
- Strong knowledge of AP Workflow
- Accurate data entry skills
- 40 hours per week. Overtime as necessary, particularly when there are time sensitive activities to be completed.