Strategy & Operations Manager
Description of Business Unit
GIA seeks to positively influence risk management standards, ensure identification and remediation of issues and sharing of lessons learned for the on-going benefit of the Group and its key stakeholders. The role of GIA is to understand the Group's key risks and to examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of risk management and internal control, as operated by the Group, in order to provide reasonable assurance to stakeholders that the Group's key risks are being appropriately and effectively managed.
Purpose of the Role
Our Internal Audit (IA) function plays an important part in our business. Our vision is to help the bank deliver on its strategy to enable our Customers, Colleagues and Communities to thrive. The Strategy & Operations portfolio sits within the Chief Operating Office organisation within Group Internal Audit, and is tasked with managing the operational execution of GIAs risk assurance activities and overall strategy execution. Reporting to the Head of Strategy & Operations the role as the Strategy & Operations Manager within IA is to work collaboratively within GIA and across the Group. The Strategy & Operations team ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive our strategy and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level GIA priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future initiatives through our continuous improvement hubs.
- Lead, motivate, coach and develop the team ensuring that a positive and supportive culture is in place
- Lead complex operational and strategic initiatives with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Identify strategic opportunities, build business cases and define actionable plans and the roadmap. Involve, align and manage relevant stakeholders across teams and drive a successful implementation
- Product high quality, insightful management information for the GIA function, for both internal and external senior management audiences, across a wide variety of domains (i.e. budget, status reporting, regulatory MI requests etc.)
- Manage end to end change initiatives as part of the execution of GIAs overall strategy i.e. people strategy, ensuring all reporting, monitoring and delivery management activities are completed on time and to a high level of quality
- Increase operational effectiveness for the function across various topics
- Work with teams within GIA and stakeholders across the BOI Group to identify opportunities for process improvement
What is the opportunity
As the Strategy and Operations Manager, you'll lead and scope projects, define deliverables, identify resource needs and define timelines. You will lead ad-hoc teams across the function to ensure that projects deliver tangible processes, products and services that drive business growth.
- Must be educated to a degree level (Level 8 on National Framework of Qualifications).
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven ability to lead a strong team to support strategic business goals
- Developed networking, interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to work across various functions
- Proven experience in a busy office environment (preferably in a central function i.e. COO organisation, PMO etc.) with an ability to perform well under In Process
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to communicate with technical teams
- High level of discretion, capable of dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work on own initiative
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy; and
- Strong team ethic and flexible approach in order to meet challenging objectives and deadlines.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Apr 03, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.