Audit and Assurance, Operations Assistant Manager, Centre of Excellenc
As part of Deloitte's drive to deliver the Distinctive Audit to our clients we have established Centres of Excellence. A Centre of Excellence has been created in Newcastle to support our client engagement teams throughout the UK. An opportunity exists to join our new team as an Operations Assistant Manager.
Team members will have the opportunity to become subject matter specialists, to develop best practice and to play a key role in helping deliver a high quality service to our clients.
Our established training programmes will provide you with an opportunity to develop both your technical and soft skills. Our internal technical training is recognised for CPE credit purposes by all the major professional institutes.
Reporting into the operations manager, the successful candidates will be based in Newcastle managing a small team of operations staff who have responsibility for scheduling work to a wider team of 70 people.
The centre provides remote support to our nationwide client engagement teams in completing tasks associated with the audit of statutory accounts. The role will involve day to day liaison with client engagement teams.
As an operations assistant manager of the Newcastle Audit Delivery Centre you will have responsibility for:
- Managing a team and coordinating the work thereof
- Managing workflow to ensure all deadlines are met
- Running daily and weekly management information reports to ensure team members and reviewers fully utilized
- Being first point of contact for escalated queries and leading the root cause analysis process if required
- Liaising with other ADC's to manage centre overflow of work
- Involvement in improving current processes to make us best in class, this includes looking at new and innovative ways of working
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Operational experience with specific knowledge around managing high volume workflow within tight deadlines
- An ability to lead, develop and mentor a team
- Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Diligence, hardworking and co–operation to be an effective member of the team
- Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong excel skills with the ability to run and manipulate reports
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
- Ability to problem solve and think logically
Your service line
Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we're on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you're free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won't be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You'll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
For full job description please see our Career Site
Requisition code: 162028