Audit Accounts Senior Associate, Audit and Assurance
As part of Deloitte's drive to deliver the Distinctive Audit to our clients we have established Centre's of Excellence. A Centre of Excellence has been created in Newcastle to support our client engagement teams throughout the UK. An opportunity exists to join our new team as an Audit Accounts Senior Associate.
Successful candidates will be based in Newcastle and provide remote support to our nationwide client engagement teams in completing tasks associated with the audit of statutory accounts. The role will involve day–to–day liaison with client engagement teams and will allow you to develop an understanding of company accounts.
You will have responsibility for completing work and reviewing work performed by other members of the team.
As an Audit Accounts Senior Associate within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
• Completion of GAAP compliance reviews of statutory accounts
• Agreement of information included within the accounts to supporting documentation provided by audit engagement teams.
o Audit of holdings companies and small trading companies
o Undertaking other audit tasks to assist audit teams.
• And/ or
o Accounts preparation
Team members will have the opportunity become subject matter specialists, develop best practice and play a key role in helping deliver a high quality service to our clients. As team members, progress there will be opportunities to perform quality checks on the work completed by other team members and become team leaders. Our established training programmes will provide you with an opportunity to develop both your technical and soft skills.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full–time
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Previous accounting and/or external audit experience
• A good understanding of UK accounting frameworks
• Part qualified ACA or ACCA, however those without qualifications, but have significant relevant experience will be considered
• Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and an ability to learn new packages quickly.
• Attention to detail.
• Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence.
• Diligence, hard work and co–operation to be an effective member of the team.
• Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach.
• Ability to problem solve and think logically.
Your service line
Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we're on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you're free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won't be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You'll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
For full job description please see our Career Site
Requisition code: 151563