Audit Accounts Associate, Audit and Assurance
As part of Deloitte's drive to deliver the Distinctive Audit to our clients we have established Centres of Excellence. A Centre of Excellence has been created in Newcastle to support our client engagement teams throughout the UK. An opportunity exists to join our new team as an Accounts and Audit Associate.
Team members will have the opportunity become subject matter specialists, develop best practice and play a key role in helping deliver a high quality service to our clients.
Successful candidates will be based in Newcastle and provide remote support to our nationwide client engagement teams in completing tasks associated with the audit of statutory accounts. The role will involve day to day liaison with client engagement teams and will allow you to develop an understanding of company accounts.
As an Accounts and Audit Associate within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
- Casting and proof reading accounts.
- Processing changes to accounts.
- Agreement of information included within the accounts to supporting documentation provided by audit engagement teams.
- Proof reading of other client deliverables.
- Undertaking other administrative tasks to assist audit teams.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full–time
Your professional experience
- GCSE's or equivalent with a minimum grade C in English and grade B in Maths.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence.
- Computer literacy is essential with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and an ability to learn new packages quickly.
- Diligence, hard work and co–operation to be an effective member of the team.
- Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach.
- An understanding of accounts is desirable but not necessary as training will be provided.
Your service line
Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we're on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you're free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won't be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You'll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
For full job description please see our Career Site
Requisition code: 150591