Financial Reporting - Part Qualified Actuary
Reports to: Financial Reporting Manager
Location: Baggot Plaza, Upper Baggot Street, Dublin 4
The roles are open to part qualified actuaries/graduates with strong analytical skills who would like the opportunity to play a significant role in the continued development of the financial reporting requirements and capital management initiatives within New Ireland Assurance.
The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of analytical and development work which will draw on their strong technical, analytical and communications skills.
The role reports to the Financial Reporting Manager. You will work full time in our Baggot Plaza office in Dublin 4.
- To assist in the calculation and reporting of the company value and solvency position on a quarterly basis
- To assist in the calculation and reporting of the capital, shareholder and reinsurance positions of the company on a quarterly basis
- To assist in the assessment of financial risks within the Company through reporting, governance committees and the ORSA process.
- Work as part of a team of part qualified and qualified actuaries, sharing expertise and knowledge across the business.
- Help the team continue to deliver exceptional service, while pursuing innovation and efficiency improvements opportunities
- To assist in monthly profit reporting and management accounting
- To assist in managing the capital and solvency position of the Company
- Lead experience investigation and analysis for lapses, expenses, mortality and morbidity for review and setting of best estimate assumptions
- Assist external auditor through their reviews to ensure sign off given within agreed time frame
Essential Skills & Experience
- The role holder will be a part qualified actuary or recent graduate with a mathematical or actuarial background, with 2+ years' experience working in the Life and Pensions business
- Life and Pension product knowledge
- Programming ability and actuarial modelling experience would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities while still achieving a high standard of work.
- Excellent standard of Microsoft Excel is advantageous
- Solvency II and actuarial modelling experience would be advantageous
- Technical Expertise
- Team-working and cross functional collaboration
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Risk, Control and Regulatory Environment
- Problem solving and decision making
- Planning and organising
- Communication and Influencing
If you have any queries on this role or for further information please firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Apr 21, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.