Commercial Team – Part Qualified Actuary
Reports to: Product Delivery manager
Location: Baggot Plaza, Upper Baggot Street, Dublin 4
The role is open to student actuaries with experience of pricing, product development and project management. The successful candidate will be part of New Ireland's Commercial department and will be provided with opportunities to develop and progress their career in a challenging fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of work ranging from analytical and development work, which will draw on their technical and communications skills along with providing expert technical support to the wider business and key brokers.
You will work full time in our Baggot Plaza office in Dublin 4.
We are looking for someone who is hard working, committed and flexible to enable us to deliver on our strategic and day-to-day objectives. We will give you training and support, including an excellent actuarial exam package, and opportunities to develop and grow.
- Work as part of a team to provide expert technical and actuarial support to the business
- Work with a range of key stakeholders including Sales, Legal, Marketing and Customer Service
- Assist in the design and specification of new products and changes to existing products
- Take a lead product management role on small and medium projects within the Product Management team
- Work with senior staff across the organisation
- Work with others across the business to ensure product strategy and product design are aligned to the overall business strategy and plans
- Keep up to date with relevant industry changes
Essential Skills & Experience
Given the degree of interaction with other parts of the business, strong interpersonal and communication skills are vital. Experience of product pricing, product development and project management would be advantageous but not essential.
- The ideal candidate will be a part qualified actuary with at least 3 years' industry experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the life and pensions business
- Very strong customer focus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential as well as the ability to interpret information and communicate it clearly both verbally and in writing
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and managing multiple tasks
- Understanding of the regulatory market in which we operate
- Achieving Results
- Delivering Quality
- Serving Customers
- Team-working and cross functional collaboration
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Problem solving and decision making
- Planning and organising
- Communication and Influencing
If you have any queries on this role or for further information please contact email@example.com.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Apr 21, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.