Assistant Management Accountant
This role forms an integral part of the Management Accounts team and is responsible for assisting with preparing the monthly accounts of the UK, US and Australian businesses for review by Commercial Finance teams and senior management.
Our client is a well known business based in central Bath, they are experiencing a period of continued growth and are therefore recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant on a permanent basis
This role primarily focuses on monthly journal posting and close processes, balance sheet reconciliations and ad-hoc projects. The Assistant Management Accountant will also be expected to help identify areas for process improvement and help deliver and implement necessary changes in the month end close process.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to continue to train towards a full professional-level accounting qualification and the candidate will be expected to play a key part of his/her training and development.
Key role responsibilities
- Prepare and post a set of monthly general ledger journals to a tight deadline as part of the monthly accounts close process.
- Prepare month end review files to aid analysis on variance to budget.
- Review work completed to ensure postings are complete and accurate.
- Reconcile a portfolio of balance sheet accounts across the group on a timely basis every month.
- Work closely with the Commercial Finance team to help investigate any financial or reporting queries.
- Regularly communicate with other teams within finance and other departments in the UK, US and Australia to ensure smooth flow of financial information during the month end close process.
- Document procedures and assist in identifying and refining potential system and reporting improvements.
- Assist in the preparation of half-year and year-end group reporting packs and supporting schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of various national and international statutory and sales tax returns.
- Actively participate in own professional development and training, aiming to achieve full qualification within a reasonable period of time.
Demonstrable progress towards CIMA/ACCA accountancy qualification
Previous Management Accounts experience
Willingness to learn and to be proactive in progressing own qualification.
High attention to detail
Ability to work effectively as part of team and to work flexibly
Comfortable to work with a wide range of people across a business including non-financial managers.
Self-motivating and ability to use own initiative
Ability to manage your own time effectively and work to tight reporting deadlines
Good Excel skills
A competitive salary of £30,000 + study support is on offer for the Assistant Management Accountant role