Our client is looking for a diligent and detail-orientated Finance Assistant to join their Finance function. This role will be responsible for the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions as well as assisting with the monthly managemenet accounts. There would also be opportunity to get involved in ad hoc project work and process development.
A global asset management firm. This role is located in the ideally located, modern London headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Finance Assistant
- Accounts payable - management of AP process including processing and payment of invoices (both corporate and fund) and staff expenses, management of AP system, resolution of supplier queries and maintaining all necessary records for invoice and expense payments
- Accounts receivable - monthly and quarterly invoicing to clients, management of aged debtor reports including follow-up of payments
- Assisting with monthly management accounts preparation:
- Processing journals;
- Booking and analysis of monthly invoices and receipts, to include any required accruals and prepayments;
- Cost analysis & exceptions reporting;
- Bank reconciliations;
The successful Finance Assistant candidate will:
- Have experience in an AP/AR function. A strong understanding and level of experience in AP is a preference.
- AAT qualified, part-qualified or working towards an Accountancy qualification ACCA/CIMA.
- Have high levels of dependability, initiative and motivation
- Have strong communication skills
- Experience of Exchequer and Concur accounting and expense systems desirable
- Experience working for an asset management or investment firm desirable
Looking to pay up to £32,000 with a comprehensive benefits package.