Immediate-Start Accounts Payable Assistant
Please only apply to this role if you are immediately avaialble or on less than 2 weeks notice & can commute to West London.
This is a contract role (9 month FTC) but with the opportunity for it to go permanent.
A leading consumer business in West London are recruiting an AP Assistant to join their finance team on a 9 month FTC (with the possibility it could become a permanent role).
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the AP Assistant will be responsible for paying our internal and external vendors on a timely and accurate basis. Input invoices on a daily basis to ensure all weekly and monthly deadlines are met. Resolve day to day queries in a professional manner by interacting with customers. Perform the day to day Accounts Payable responsibilities.
In this role, you will...
- Processing & coding a high volume of invoices weekly (over 1000 per week)
- Posting invoices accurately to weekly and monthly deadlines
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of documents
- Resolve all queries in a timely manner
- Distribution of invoices across the business
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Timely and accurate delivery of payment cycle for suppliers
- Ensure discounted invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Preparing and running the weekly supplier payment runs
- Sending payment runs via BACs
- Reconciling open items for monthly deadlines
- Ensure correct authorisations are obtained
- Liaising with cost centre managers within the business
- Enhance communication with vendors and customers
- Maintain relationship with Management Accounts and Banking Team for all accounting deadlines
- Daily administrative duties including post.
- Processing European invoices against country guide lines.
- Minimum 2 years Accounts Payable experience
- Computer literate (Financial systems knowledge plus intermediate excel skills)
- The ability to work to targets, achieving objectives and meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail, accurate when working under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships with other departments
- Ability to multi task, solve problems and take responsibility for resolution
- Possess a positive approach to change.
- Oracle experience preferred.
- Electronic Invoice scanning
Please only apply to this role if you are immediately available or on less than 2 weeks notice.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respons to every application and therefore only successful applicants will be contacted.