Project Manager/ Business Analyst
My client, a Global Asset Management Bank, are seeking an experienced Project Manager/ Business Analyst to work an initial 6 month contract in either their London or Manchester offices.
The EMEA Regional Change team manages, executes and oversees major strategic regulatory and strategic programmes across all Legal Entities and business lines in the EMEA region, coordinating with business, operations and technology groups enterprise wide. The team consists of experienced professionals working to implement multiple strategic and regulatory programmes.
The EU Banking Reform (EUBR) Package consists of EU reforms to the existing Capital Requirements Directive 4 (CRD4), Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR), Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD) and Single Resolution Mechanism Regulation (SRMR) to accommodate the FSB's internationally agreed Total Loss–Absorbing Capacity (TLAC) standard for global systemically important banks (GSIBs). The updated pieces of legislation would therefore be CRD5, CRR2, BRRD2 and SRMR2. Implementation is phased out to end 2021. EMEA Regulatory Change has been appointed to manage the full implementation of the revised regulations, and a project management team has been selected to ensure full compliance by the prescribed mandatory deadlines.
This role is for a Project Manager/Business Analyst who will be responsible for managing the Risk (London) or Finance (London or Manchester) or Treasury (London) or Office of Recovery and Resolution Planning (Manchester) Work Stream to implement the associated EUBR regulation.
This will include working with the Workstream Lead to:
- Coordinate and manage scoping of the nominated regulations assigned to the workstream. This will include scheduling, preparing and running workshops. Recording actions, decisions and assumptions, and inputting scoping data into the traceability tool.
- Coordinate and manage the gap and impact analysis of the nominated regulations assigned to the workstream. This will include scheduling, preparing and running workshops. Recording actions, decisions and assumptions, and inputting impact data into the traceability tool.
- Plan, Record and track action to remediate any gaps in the compliance with the regulations.
- At each stage arranging approval from the Senior Stakeholder.
The individual must be able to:
- Formulate and define the scope and objectives for their allocated workstream.
- Lead planning and scope definition through to requirements development and implementation of the solution for their workstream.
- Manage issues and risks, facilitate resolution and mitigation, identify potential roadblocks and be accountable for keeping their workstream on track.
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time, within budget and with minimum defects.
- Adhere to methodologies adopted by the firm to ensure a smooth transition of project outcomes into business as usual.
- Conduct status meetings.
- Provide programme level reporting to senior staff.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The individual will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The role will require the following key competencies:–
- At least five years of experience in a project management environment. (Essential)
- Good knowledge of custody, prudential regulation and related business activities.
- Knowledge and experience of working within the regulatory environment, and how that impacts prudential business areas.
- Knowledge and experience of working within an associated functional area – Risk / Finance / Corporate Treasury / Office of Recovery and Resolution Planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with experience of working productively and appropriately with internal senior level stakeholders in large complex Financial Institutions. (Essential)
- Well–developed understanding of regulatory and compliance matters and a track record of delivering effective and appropriate solutions to complex regulatory requirements. (Essential)
- Able to take personal responsibility for delivering accurate results to challenging timescales. (Essential)
- Organised, proactive and dependable. (Essential)
- Attention to detail with focus on accuracy and completeness. (Essential)
- Project management qualification such as Prince 2.
- Bachelor degree in Business Management or related financial industry discipline is preferred.
- Effectively use Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, MS Project), and PC proficiency in Windows–based programs.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Adecco is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.