International Finance Manager
36 Hours p/w
If you’re a qualified accountant with previous experience managing a team, and are looking for a high profile role with lots of senior exposure, we might have the perfect role for you.
About the Team
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic Overseas Finance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and developing a team of four in delivering finance support to key stakeholders across the business.
Our Overseas operation is extremely high profile with meetings every month between several Main Board Directors and senior operational managers where both the current operation and future opportunities are reviewed. This role is integral in maintaining tight financial control over an ever increasingly complex operation.
The Overseas website has experienced strong growth over the past 7 years growing from a turnover of £33m to £363m in year ending Jan 19. Throughout this rapid expansion Next has maintained a healthy profitability and opportunities have been developed weighing up an improved level of service against increasing costs. This role is pivotal in producing accurate and timely analysis to support countless opportunities.
About the Role
Located within our Leicestershire Head Office, our Online Overseas Finance team is responsible for delivering finance support to key stakeholders across the business for a variety of purposes including:
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly Sales Reporting
- Maintenance of price files across all countries and partners
- Understanding of key drivers to profitability across 71 countries and partners
- Ensuring tight financial control for the accounting/reporting of our partner relationships
- Monthly reporting, forecasting and budgeting of Overseas P&L
When working in this role, typical responsibilities will include:
- Analyse performance of Overseas profitability, suggesting changes to key parameters to ensure profitability.
- Managing an ambitious and dedicated team of four.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations for the Overseas business.
- Preparing, reviewing and delivering ad-hoc information requests to key stakeholders for a variety of business models. The finance team is reactive and provides flexibility for the business to communicate with customers using dynamic and relevant methods.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA).
- Previous experience leading and developing a team including conducting 121’s and performance reviews.
- Enthusiastic and driven with a real passion for developing yourself and others.
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive approach to improve processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Skilled in dealing with and analysing large volumes of information.
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closes 10th Apr 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.