Senior Federal Tax Accountant (Cleveland, OH, US, 44115) - Applied Ind
Primarily responsible for assisting in the preparation of the Company's US federal income tax return, including federal tax forms for reporting international operations. The Senior Tax Accountant will assist in preparing work papers needed for the Company's quarterly and annual tax provision and financial reporting disclosures. The Senior Tax Accountant will also interact with taxing authorities in responding to notices and information document requests during tax audits and inquiries. The person in this position supports the Tax Director on special tax projects, research and analysis.
- Preparation of US consolidated federal income tax return using Onesource tax software.
- Prepare US information reports of foreign subsidiaries on forms 5471 and 8858 using Onesource International Lite software
- Coordinate and support the preparation of certain Canadian and foreign tax returns by the Company's accounting firm
- Assist in calculating FIN 48 income tax balances, disclosures for financial statements and related account reconciliations.
- Work on transfer pricing, intercompany management fees, FBAR reporting and business acquisitions
- Assist in preparation of research and development and foreign tax credits.
- Prepare and/or review responses to taxing authority notices.
- Interact with taxing authority auditors to respond to information document requests and respond to questions.
- Research tax implications of daily business transactions and events as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of state and local income tax returns as time permits.
- 4 year degree in Accounting or Finance and relevant work experience
- CPA or Masters in Tax is a plus
- 5 or more years of experience in preparing US Federal income taxes of a large multinational corporation
- Experience with Onesouce tax software and SAP/Host Analytics/Blackline software preferred.
- Good problem–solving and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks on time
- Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied?? provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call to let us know the nature of your request.