Sales and Use Tax Accountant Needed in Norwalk - Start ASAP! - Creativ
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client, located in Norwalk is a retailer natural gas, electricity, and solar power with a national footprint! They've partnered with CFS to identify a sharp, seasons Sales and Use Tax Accountant to join their team on a temporary basis, as their current Tax Accountant is being pulled into another project. This is slated to be 3–4 months long.
The ideal candidate must have recent sales and use tax experience. They will not review folks that have not been hands on with sales and used tax for over a year. The Sales and Use Tax Accountant will be working directly with the Tax Director, and current Senior Tax Accountant.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- Perform all steps related to sales and use tax audits such as data retrieval, search for appropriate documentation to substantiate questioned or exempted transactions, interact with state/ local auditors and document audit results.
- Review monthly use tax accruals.
- Perform tax accounting and reconcile monthly tax liability accounts.
- Research and interpret state regulations and apply the rules to sales and purchases tax transactions.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- Recent experience with Sales and Use Tax required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
- Public accounting experience, a plus
- Proficiency with accounting software systems, a plus
Please email resume for immediate consideration.
Keywords: accounting, accountant, senior accountant, operations, finance, financial analysis, sales and use tax, sales & use tax