Tax Accountant - Alpharetta
This position was established to provide effective, accurate and timely sales and property tax payments, and to facilitate problem resolution with multiple taxing jurisdictions. Will accurately complete and reconcile all assigned accounts.
- Complete reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts based on timelines established for each action outstanding item.
- Prepare sales tax returns for various states and local jurisdictions within prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare property tax payments including client billing and processing for various states within prescribed deadlines.
- Investigate problems arising from property tax bills by written or oral communication to city or county offices.
- Investigate problems arising from sales tax bills by written or oral communication to city or county offices.
- Handle first level management response and data collation for sales tax audits.
- Prepare property tax renditions within prescribed deadlines.
- File sales and property tax documents upon completion.
- Submit HelpDesk Tickets and ResponsePlan Tickets as necessary to resolve problems in the above areas of responsibility.
- Encourage a team–work environment amongst co–workers and network with others outside of the Finance department.
- Recommend and monitor processes for efficiencies and potential improvements.
- Other duties as required.
- Possess a high–level of self–motivation and a positive attitude to support a team environment.
- Encourage and support an environment of open feedback that influences a culture of self–growth.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required(with exposure to taxation).
- Desire to study for CPA will be encouraged and supported.
- 0–2 years experience in accounting or taxation environment is preferred.
- Strong Analytical skills required.
- Intermediate Excel skills are required (pivot table, v–lookup etc). SAP experience also a plus.
See job description