Tax Accountant - Thompsontown
The Sales & Use Tax Analyst ensures compliance with sales/use tax laws through the preparation of state and local sales/use tax returns, verification and maintenance of sales/use tax rates and taxability matrices. Assists with sales & use tax audits & monthly sales/use tax account reconciliations.
Position Description for the Sales & Use Tax Analyst
- Compile sales & use tax returns on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for various companies in a multitude of states.
- Filing of state/local business license returns and tax registrations for various companies.
- Monthly review of AP data for various companies to determine if any use tax liability exists.
- Communicate and address Taxing Jurisdictions issues regarding notifications, registrations or compliance issues.
- Communicate with personnel to advise or answer questions they may have regarding tax law changes or compliance issues.
- Research of a wide range of tax issues.
- Maintain a working knowledge of a wide variety of tax issues in Multiple States.
- Assist in the facilitation of Governmental Sales/Use Tax Audits and other Departmental Projects.
- Handling of other indirect tax compliance and duties as needed
Position Requirements for the Sales & Use Tax Analyst
- 1–3 years minimum direct work experience related to S/U Tax compliance, statute review, and assistance with audit facilitation is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of state and local sales/use tax required.
- Vertex O Series sales and use tax application experience preferred.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to perform the required and expected duties with little or no direct supervision
- Overtime may be required and is anticipated during peak compliance periods.
- Advanced experience including Data Science, Excel, Windows, and analytics required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Up to 20% travel
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing?? Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.