Newly Qualified Financial Controller:Holdings: Global Energy Co
Newly Qualified Financial Controller: Holding Companies: Global Energy Co.
Start Date: ASAP
Rate: c. GBP40 per hour/ GBP300 per day (cGBP60,000 annual equiv)
Duration: End of October 2019
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for a fully Qualified 1–2 years PQE Accountant to join their team as a Legal entity Finance Controller who is a self starter, able to work autonomously and who is exceptional with regard to service levels.
About the Role:
Working in a wider London based Holdings & Treasury (HaT) team of 25+ professional accountants; you will have overall responsibility for ensuring efficient and tightly controlled quarterly Group reporting and annual statutory reporting processes are in place to support a number of holding companies that have all had their reporting migrated to shared business service centres.
Specific responsibilities will involve:
– Working closely with the Group treasury, tax and legal functions to ensure the relevant company assets are managed and hedged, and dividends are executed in line with treasury policy
– Ensuring the correct accounting treatment is applied to holding company and related transactions, including interest and exchange exposures, distributable reserves, liquidity, tax matters, acquisitions, disposals and other restructuring transactions
– Providing accounting advice and guidance to project teams on a variety of transactions to ensure that all items are appropriately reported and understood. Your advice and insight will be sought and relied upon by a number of key internal stakeholders.
– Driving ongoing process improvement to ensure that we make best use of the systems available, allow maximum time to focus on critical areas where we add the most value and ensure that manual work is minimised.
–As a qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent), with 1–2 years PQE, you will have trained with one of the large accountancy practices, ideally one of the Big Four Firms but if you have experience with one of the Top Ten firms that will be fine as well.
–Ideal role for your first step from practice into industry.
– As well as having excellent IFRS technical accounting expertise, you should ideally been involved in the preparation or audit of Group financial accounts.
– Previous involvement in systems migration and integration activity will also be beneficial. You will have the ability to generate innovative solutions to varied and unique accounting issues and effectively communicate resolutions.
–You will have proven experience in analysing complex issues and making decisions in a timely fashion, balancing priorities effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.