This role assists with the timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts and near-term forecasts for the businesses recently acquired assets, including P&L and cash flow. The role must liaise closely with the commercial and operational departments to ensure an accurate and up to date representation of the business.
A well-known, growing and successful business based in North Yorkshire. This is a brand new role to support the recently announced transformational acqusition for the business. The Management Accountant role will play a key part in developing new reporting tools and analysis for the acquired assets, and building the businesses understanding and insight.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Responsible for compilation of within year reporting, understanding all elements of the P&L and producing monthly management information
- Preparing variance analysis for the month and full year, comparing to both budget and previous forecasts
- Support with the development of a management information suite for the new assets, including KPIs, and integrating them into the establish Generation reporting processes
- Development and provision of accurate cash forecasting
- Key contact for internal and external auditors, offering explanations and assistance in all areas of their investigation and ensuring all queries are addressed in a timely manner
- Support the Finance Management and Financial Controller with project work and ad-hoc analysis
The successful Management Accountant should:
Hold a recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
Excellent commercial awareness, able to deal with complex financial information and present to senior stakeholders
Inquisitive with a desire to learn about a rapidly changing industry; happy asking questions
Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Must pay an attention to detail in ensuring accuracy and integrity of spreadsheet models and calculations
Highly motivated with good communication skills and able to co-ordinate regular reporting
Ability to develop good working relationships at all levels within and outside the organisation
Strong time management skills
Ability to meet demanding deadlines and adapt quickly to changing business need
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.