Design and Audit engineer for DC based in London
Reporting to the Global Customer Service Lead, The Resident Consultant will provide Data Centre design auditing and consultancy for a large Global Financial Services customer
This is a 40 hour per week position, on–site, at the customer location and may require additional work hours and on–call support for critical issues which will be compensated for with Comp time.
- Deliver technical consultancy (specification, design, implementation, migration and support) in a customer facing environment
- Analyse network architecture, design, implementation, configuration documents and present technical concepts included therein
- May specialize in limited range of products and/or technology and related products with a full understanding of area(s) of specialization
- Works in concert with customer and/or project team to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. Retains ownership of most customer issues
- Has responsibility for planning and/or delivery of technical professional consulting services
- Uses professional concepts, company objectives, and creativity to guide the customer and/or project team to resolution
- Exercises good judgement in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results that are most conducive to the customer environment and assignment
- Troubleshooting the network's design and architecture issues
- Perform network design validation tests in a lab environment
- Providing network design leadership; assisting in identifying and building solutions
The engineer will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio.
- Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum 10 years experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, Ability to work well with many levels of customer engineering and management, ability to work well with the client account team and Technical assistance centre.
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers Switches and Firewalls. This includes hands–on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
- The ability to function in a team environment and recognize and take on tasks with self–direction as well as the ability to take direction from the customer, account team, and Advanced Services Management.
- The ability to communicate well within my clients team articulating customer problems before they become issues being proactive where possible.
- Hands–on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper Networks router and firewall and switching products, passion to continue learning and expanding your knowledge.
- Juniper JNCIE or JNCIP Certification a Plus
Strong Technical Experience in the following areas are desired;
- Excellent understanding of the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge of JUNOS is mandatory
- Advanced knowledge of Juniper Routing, Switching & Firewall products
- Good understanding of Juniper Q–Fabric Operation & Design
- Good understanding of Juniper QFX/EX/MX and high–end SRX–series Operation & Design
- Advanced knowledge of MPLSL2VPN, L3VPN technologies
- Advance knowledge of Multicast (PIM–SM) and NG–MVPN technologies
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise–level Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) & practices
- Hands–on experience with IXIA IXNetwork
- Familiarity with Citrix NetScaler Load Balancers desired
- Familiarity with JUNOS Spacea plus
- Familiarity with Cisco NSO a plus
Familiarity with DevOps tools like Ansible, Jinja2, YAML a plus