Group Finance Director
Expanding, international FMCG business is currently looking to appoint a Group Finance Director to work with the Managing Director and senior executives to drive the business forward. The Group Finance Director will also have dual role responsibility for a growing, sister company who are responsible for the shipping/transportation of their products.
Key deliverables for the Finance Director include:
Commercial projects: to support the Sales Director with supermarket bids/tenders; and the acquisition of a fleet of ships to move away from a leased supply–chain model.
Large, capital–expenditure projects: to enable the business to move to a new depot and to move to a new Head Office.
Finance team recruitment and development: to make several key appointments to the finance team and develop the team to work to an optimal level.
Key responsibilities for the Finance Director include:
- Strategic involvement with customers to achieve common growth targets
- Provide leadership to the Board's Finance and Accounting Strategy, to optimise the company's financial performance and strategic position
- Manage the company's accounting function
- Development of the financial strategy in line with the company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision–making as appropriate
- Test the financial impact of proposed strategic objectives, validate the authenticity of forecasts and clarify the full impact of cost savings
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed
- Prepare and present annual accounts to stakeholders
- Manage year end and audit tax compliance
Suitable applicants for the Finance Director position should:
- Have a proven background as a Finance Director supporting the Managing Director and Board
- Ideally have experience within the Manufacturing or Supply Chain sectors
- Have experience in financial strategy, planning and budget management including mergers and disposals
- Experience in streamlining department structures, saving overheads and recruiting a commercially focused team
- Be a fully qualified accountant
- Have a commercial outlook
This is a fantastic opportunity and is a very exciting time for the business.
The recruitment process is moving very quickly so please don't delay your application.