Part-Time Company Accountant
PART-TIME COMPANY ACCOUNTANT
The Worshipful Company of Musicians (‘the Company’) is the fifth largest City Livery Company in London in terms of its membership. It promotes young musicians at the start of their careers and music of every genre through its charitable funds. It is seeking an experienced accountant to work with the Clerk and his staff in the Company’s office in the heart of the Barbican, London.
The right person will, ideally, have a love of music in its widest forms, the arts generally and education and will certainly need to:
1. Be able to understand and have a full working knowledge of SAGE Line 50 as the functional accounting software for both accounts and payroll.
2. Have a good knowledge of both general company and charity accounting.
3. Understand and be able to correctly account for VAT.
4. Understand the overall rules for Gift Aid and be able to make appropriate reclaims.
5. Handle the day-to-day accounting requirements of both the Company, the Charity and certain associated charities and clubs and be able to produce regular accounting information for interim meetings and also the year-end draft accounts in readiness for scrutiny by the Finance Committee and the auditors.
6. Understand how to liaise with the auditors and communicate those discussions to the Clerk and the Finance Committee.
7. Attend Finance Committee meetings as and when required.
8. Be personable and able to work in a small office with a dedicated team.
This role will be as an employee working for both the Company and the Charity and reporting to the Clerk as line manager and through the Clerk to the Hon. Treasurer and the Finance Committee.
The job will be for 3 days (21 hours) a week at 3/5ths of an annual salary of £40,000 together with associated holiday and NEST pension entitlements.
The role would suit a qualified accountant who has a portfolio career or who wishes to pursue non-remunerative activities for part of the working week.
To apply for this post and become a vital member of the administration team of this vibrant Livery Company, please send your CV, quoting two referees, to the Clerk, Hugh Lloyd, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 April 2019. Should you wish to discuss any aspect of your potential application, please contact the Clerk by e-mail or telephone the office on 020 7496 8980.
We hope to be able to interview and appoint by 30 April 2019.