Finance & Admin Manager  @ NGO Empowering Smallholder Farmers
Finance & Admin Manager 
NGO Empowering Smallholder Farmers
c. $3,500 - $4,000 per month
Our partner is passionate about improving the livelihoods of rural, smallholder farmers in East and West Africa. Their interventions help farmers improve their agricultural skills, improve their position in the value chain, access and fairly compete in markets. They also offer farmers tailor-made loans and savings initiatives. They are seeking a Finance & Admin Manager to oversee the delivery of a complex, multi-country programme funded by one of their largest donors.
- Assess, develop & strengthen the current accounting systems, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to appropriate track & account for their grant funds.
- Develop the financial management system, including creating tools for budgeting (individual country & consolidated budgets), variance analysis & cashflow forecasting.
- Donor compliance, including preparing the quarterly grant reports
- Train and staff development in regional offices.
- Administrative support, including overseeing HR issues, internal processes, managing shared Google Drive file structure, planning for management team and project-wide activities.
- Experienced accountant with a strong technical background, and experience in reviewing and strengthening controls.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems, and comfortable working in an environment where systems changes are being implemented.
- Strategic thinker experienced in change management, supporting senior management in streamlining processes, planning, and in embedding digital changes within an organisation.
- Excellent business partnering and influencing skills – able to train/mentor junior staff and work with a variety of senior internal and external stakeholders with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to take initiative, demonstrate openness, sharp business acumen and sound judgement.
- Good knowledge of grant management and reporting requirements
- A working knowledge of French is highly desirable.
- Experience of living & working in Africa is essential, and managing teams remotely.
- Willingness to travel in Africa.
The partner will offer the cost of a return flight, a monthly accommodation & living allowance, and a salary c. $3,500 - $4,000 per month, depending on experience.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.