Accountant – (To assist in current expansion of existing practice)
In this newly created role within our East Kilbride based firm, you the Accountant will provide services to a range of clients including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies which range in size and industry sector and to prepare the clients for the forthcoming Making Tax Digital transition.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the Accountant to join a dynamic team and progress their career, on a full-time permanent basis. The Accountant will manage their own portfolio of clients, which they will be solely responsible for.
There will also be the opportunity to get involved with advisory projects which will include business planning, forecasts, budgets, tax planning etc. The Accountant will also have the opportunity to set up and train key clients on software on an ad hoc basis.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts from client records to Partner review
- Supporting the Partners in filtering the work flow to meet desired needs and capabilities.
- Preparing and reviewing corporation tax returns and CT600s
- Preparing and reviewing VAT returns
- Preparing and reviewing personal tax computations
- Assisting in the management of a diverse client portfolio with the Partners
- Supervising and supporting junior team members
- Preparing periodic management accounts
- Managing workload to ensure deadlines are met whilst always maintaining a high level of service