Assistant Finance Business Partner
An exciting role as a Finance Assistant Business Partner working in the city of London.
My client is a global construction services company.
The key responsibilities for the role of Assistant Financial Business Partner will be:
- Operate as a business partner to the Enabling teams providing financial analysis.
- Make Informed decisions by providing analysis of costs.
- Develop annual budgets and maintain forecasts of cost recovery ensuring appropriate charge out rates are set and communicated to Commercial teams.
- Work with Finance Shared Service team and Enabling teams to ensure complete and accurate monthly recharges of costs to projects and overhead.
- Working with Finance Shared Service team to review recharges of overhead costs prior to posting.
- Monitor and take appropriate action to ensure full recovery of Enabling teams' costs.
- Monthly review of group recharge costs and manage correct allocation within Business Unit.
- Accruals and prepayments and balance sheet reconciliation preparation.
- Assist with review and clearance of inter-company transactions.
- Assist in the production of month end Management Reporting packs.
- Assist with monthly forecasts and Annual Budgets.
- Assist with the appropriate allocation of staff costs to projects
- Assist with production of monthly cash forecasts.
- Assist with the production of long term cash forecasts.
- Work with Finance Shared Service team to ensure that both internal and external accounting policies and standards are adhered.
- Support the Finance Business Partner and Finance Shared Service team in setting up new projects.
- Assist Finance Business partner in preparation of financial information to enable Commercial teams to best manage the project spend / Cost Value Reconciliation position.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support commercial driven projects
The successful candidate will ideally have/be:
- Part Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Solid management and financial accounting knowledge.
- Good communication skills - experience of liaising with financial and non-financial staff members
- Experience of using Financial Systems and strong Excel skills
- Relevant construction industry or project/contract management industry experience.
- Confident in making decisions within policy guidelines.
- Able to manage competing objectives through organisation and prioritisation of own work to deliver on time.
- Use facts and data to influence an outcome.
- Must be able to participate, share knowledge and contribute to decision process.
- Willingness to question to develop own and others understanding.
A competitive salary of £36,000 - £41,000 dependant on experience and an extensive benefits package.