Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American's Database Solutions division is the leading national provider of property information to the title and settlement service industries. We deliver the real estate, homeownership and mortgage data, property reports and document images that help bring clarity and insight to business decisions. We are the premier innovator and leading provider of Data, Technology, Solutions, Services and Automation to the Title and Settlement services industries and we are looking to expand our employee base with candidates who will help shape the future of its data and information strategy with professionalism, confidence, and teamwork. Within the Database Solutions family are subdivisions consisting of DataTrace and DataTree. For more information, please visit and We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award–winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For?? 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit .
The Finance Team within First American's Database Solutions Division is seeking a focused, ambitious financial professional to aid us in our efforts to provide accurate, efficient and timely financial planning and monthly review of fiscal results. As the Financial Analyst, you will support essential aspects of financial planning, measurement, and control for the Database Solutions business unit. You will also have additional involvement with special projects related to business development, strategic growth and ad hoc analyses. The ability to manage multiple projects and deliverable efficiently and effectively is required. The successful Financial Analyst will comfortably interact with all levels of management and clearly present the process and output of complicated analytics. This is a challenging position that offers the rewards of a fast paced environment, great compensation benefits, with outstanding opportunity for professional growth.
Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Assist in the monthly close process and provide variance analysis against actual results
• Manage existing excel models, as well as look for opportunities for process improvement
• Support the quarterly forecast and budget processes
• Provide analysis for historical trends in revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
• Identify opportunities to increase reporting efficiency and forecasting accuracy
• Track & analyze daily revenue volume and projection
• Track and analyze capital expenditures for cap projects
• Partner with business units to ensure they are in compliant with software capitalization policy
• Identify KPIs and business metrics
• Interact well with department leaders, senior leaders, and the finance team
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study
• Pursuit or completion of MBA or Master's Degree in related field of study preferred
• A solid, demonstrated understanding of core accounting principles and financial concepts
• 2–5 years of financial analysis experience
• Detail oriented, with strong business acumen and analytical skills
• Intermediate to advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills required
• Knowledge/proficiency in Oracle, Hyperion Essbase preferred
• Demonstrated ability to flourish in a fast paced, fluid environment
First American invests in its employee's development and well–being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.