Group Financial Controller
The role of Group Financial Controller has overall responsibility for reporting, statutory accounts, board reporting and consolidations. You will be managing a very capable team.
My client is a an award winning media business with an enviable reputation for their work environment. They have gone against market trends to carve out a hugely successful niche in their sector.
The role will manage a very capable team of 5 people and will have responsibility for reporting, statutory accounts, consolidations, treasury, VAT, balance sheet control and cash forecasting.
- managing the audit of consolidated year end numbers
- managing the preparation and review of consolidated and individual company stat accounts
- advising on accounting implications of M&A activity
- ensuring the group's accounting and financial reporting is correct and in line applicable standards (UK GAAP)
- ensuring a strong financial control environment
- managing relationship with external auditors
- treasury and cash management
- oversight of company tax affairs
- ad hoc project work
The successful candidate will have a strong background in practice and ideally some further experience in industry.
Experience of managing a team is essential as is a strong working knowledge of UKGAAP.
There is a very competitive package on offer for this role.