Our client is a customer–orientated healthcare organisation. They provide a range of advice and support services to clinical commissioning groups in North West London and plan many of the health services available to the 300,000 people that live there.This is a short term 3 month internship in Harrow, North West London
This role provides a key support function to the healthcare groups Financial Accounting team in the achievement of their financial duties and with delivery of value for money. The role will involve a variety of backup tasks aimed at ensuring that the Finance Department delivers an outstanding financial accounting function to the the healthcare groups, where systems and processes are optimised and technical support and advice is always on hand. Although the day–to–day tasks will be set by the Financial Controller the role is, in nature, a "whole of department" support role so a close working relationship with all staff reporting to the Head of Financial Support will be required.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Assist with supplier invoice query resolution.
- This will involve monitoring all invoices which are not with a specific budget holder for approval, identifying who the correct person is and then updating the system / workflow to ensure the invoice is routed to that person.
- Coding Acute SLA and NCA invoices as they are received.
- Monitoring the time it takes budget managers to approve invoices, producing a weekly summary of outstanding invoices by manager to be emailed and chasing those users who are not responding promptly to system–generated reminders.
- Assist with analysing invoices to ensure that suppliers are not needlessly raising a high volume of invoices, i.e. looking out for invoice consolidation opportunities.
- Support the quarterly Agreement of Balances exercise.
- Undertake any follow–up actions required to resolve all outstanding queries in connection with Balance Sheet reconciliations. In practice this is likely to involve regular liaison with SBS colleagues.
- Input sales invoice requests into SBS and assist with chasing outstanding debtors as directed.
- Assist with analysing any interface errors and ensuring that source system data is corrected to prevent a reoccurrence of the same error.
- Undertake analysis as required to support the accuracy of the VAT return.
- To assist with the preparation of the statutory financial accounts production.
- To assist in the production of high quality financial management information and advice to budget holders that enables their designated groups to successfully manage their business.
Key Requirements of the role;
- A good appreciation and understanding of the business functions.
- An appreciation of financial governance arrangements.
- Ability to work to deadlines and on multiple work streams concurrently.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible approach
- MS Office