Financial Advisory Accounting Services - Finance Manager
Aligned to the Ireland strategy, FAAS is a team of finance professionals focused on large Corporate, multinational entities and complex financial institutions. Formed in November 2012 with 12 people, the team now has 110 people across two offices. With the aim of providing solutions to accounting challenges in global finance functions, the FAAS team go to market across 4 proposition areas: Global Compliance and Reporting, Accounting Advisory, Effective Financial Reporting and Business Process Outsourcing.
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- complex clients and group structures;
- technically demanding;
- driving efficiency and change;
- looking for value;
- want a single point of contact ;
- sophisticated procurement processes; and
- often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments.
This is a cross sector offering and therefore, the candidate can have experience working in either a corporate and financial services environment.
The candidate should be experienced in delivering projects such as:
Projects regarding the achievement of operational excellence through:
- Improvement in the financial statement close process through reduction in timelines, or increasing the robustness or quality of the output
- Introduction of new or improved management information through the use of new BI tools or the introduction of and monitoring of appropriate KPI’s
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the finance function through increased digitisation including the use of data analytics
- Provision of support and or control of monthly financial processes
Projects related to the design and implementation of the ‘right sized’ finance function:
- Feasibility of a SSC/GBS given the size of finance organisation at an entity
- Redesign of existing finance function responsibilities to achievement improvement where SSC/GBS is not feasible
- Transition management – assisting with the on-shoring or off-shoring of finance related processes
- Consideration of technology in the finance function including review and selection of enabling technology and implementation of the business process aspects of such technology
- Process redesign and implementation in relation to OTC, P2P, R2R
Projects which require diagnosis, stabilisation and process redesign arising from a critical business or P&L issues being highlighted by or to an entities key stakeholder group:
- Audit findings - whether statutory or SoX driven, entities find themselves in a position where as a result of an inspection significant deficiencies may be identified in business or finance processes.
- Data integrity – typically arising from foreign currency, inventory or intercompany, financial statement balances may be unexplainable, move in a counterintuitive manner or creating volatility or noise in the primary statements.
- Regulatory findings – arising from unexplained differences on Regulatory reporting or findings on client asset reviews, mis-selling of financial services products or non-adherence to BAU regulatory requirements, a rapid response is required to formulate a plan of remediation of the process and demonstrate improvement in circumstances prior to the next inspection.
Individual’s experience, skills and attributes
- 5-8 years’ experience in a role which can demonstrate the experience required to achieve the above responsibilities, either in a professional services or industry environment.
- Specific experience of having been part of large scale finance projects in a multinational environment
- Appropriate professional qualification, which may be based in accounting or another appropriate discipline
- A self-starter with an ability to work on their own initiative, but knowing when to seek assistance and work collaboratively.
- Mature and confident person with excellent interpersonal skills, particularly communication skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for a new challenge.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.