Junior Business Analyst
Our client is an award–winning FinTech startup. The company has grown exponentially since its conception and has big plans to expand over the next few years.
This client offers a unique employee perk: financial solutions technology. Working here gives you access to valuable financial education resources and affordable loans directly from your salary. This is done in order to help employees feel confident in their ability to manage their finances, as well as offer them access to fairer financial solutions should they need them.
Key responsibilities of the role;
The Junior Business Analyst will sit with the business and technology, working closely with the business to elicit requirements and with the development team to ensure solutions are accurate and deliverable.
This is a very diverse Junior Business Analyst role which will focus on everything from defining business process, supporting business needs, producing documentation, and working as a liaison between the business and the technology team.
- Deliver in a fast–paced, rapidly changing environment
- Identify problem areas and provide recommendations for future enhancements
- Design and provide ongoing enhancement of analysis processes and methods
- Design and present documentation supporting project initiatives including business and functional requirements, business design and process mapping, and project scope
- Work closely with Agile software delivery teams, ensuring requirements have been clearly understood by the development team and questions during sprint dealt with promptly
- Work closely with operations staff to deliver process improvements across the business
- Research and understand industry best practices in technical and functional business areas to leverage business processes, driving improvements in workflow and applications
The ideal personality and qualifications:
- Team player
- Ambitious and willing to be involved in areas outside of core role
- Advanced listening, questioning and communication skills
- Relationship management skills
- Understands and supports the value of diversity in the workforce
- Extremely curious and drives issues to root cause
- Diplomatic with conflict resolution skills
- Issue and risk management skills
- Capable of challenging constructively, appropriately and effectively
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- In the heart of East London, incredible atmosphere and vibe to enjoy your work life balance
- Fresh fruit, chocolate baskets and drinks fridge available
- Movie nights, Karoke evenings and of course thirsty Thursdays!
- An enthusiastic, motivated team with a mix of young professionals and experienced staff, all aspiring towards company goals.
- Strong business analysis skills using relevant tools including JIRA, Excel, etc.
- Understanding of development process, SDLC, Agile techniques
- Process re–engineering, covering operational, data management and customer interaction requirements
- See the big picture and persuade others to see the same
- Maintain a detail–oriented focus and aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of financial services products and employee benefits markets
- Awareness of FCA regulatory framework
- Understanding of credit risk including affordability criteria and credit risk analysis
- High level understanding of salary deduction and other operations processes
- Amazing equity scheme
- Fast–growing environment
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare and life insurance
- Childcare benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perkbox membership (Multiple discounts at various retailers
- Gym discount
- Free lunch Fridays
- Complimentary team breakfast Mondays
- Fresh fruit
- Fully stocked drinks fridge
- Friendly, fun working environment
- Regular company socials