A progressive finance manager position in Sheffield.
A hands-on reporting and staff development opportunity.
My client is a leading global manufacturing business, with sites across the UK and globally. Following a number of key contract wins, they are going through an exciting time of growth.
- Responsibility for the Company's financial and management accounting systems.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the Day to day management of the finance team, including the coaching and development of staff
- The production of month end accounts in an accurate and timely manner and with insight and commentary where appropriate
- Assist the Financial Controller with the company wide budgeting & forecasting process.
- Driving process improvement and audit of internal procedures
- Provide key Management Information and analysis for the business, in order to assist with management decisions and to monitor performance.
- Liaison with external agencies, and to deputise for the Financial Controller when appropriate.
- Carry out ad hoc tasks and projects as requested by the Financial Controller, Finance Director, Managing Director and UK Finance Director
The Finance Manager is likely to be an ACA / CIMA / ACCA qualified accountant with 2 plus years' experience of month end reporting and staff development. Key skills will include;
- Strategic thinking
- Can communicate well with customers, suppliers, employees
- Pays attention to detail
- Takes ownership of problems and ensures measures get to the route cause and are fully implemented to ensure the problem will never reoccur
- Hard working
- Strong financial background with a track record of adding value within similar environments.
The finance manager will be offered:
A competitive salary and benefits package
A progression pathway
The opportunity to develop and mentor a team