The Business Transformation function is seeking to fill a number of roles that require proactive Business Analysts to work within our existing team to provide consistent, accurate and complete business analysis to support the delivery of change within the clients delivery portfolio. The Business Analyst's primary responsibility will be to work with business stakeholders from across the business, as an enabler of change and a bridge between operational teams, 3rd parties and IT, to elicit, analyse, document and articulate requirements while working in a project environment.
The ideal candidate will have previous knowledge and experience of working as a Business Analyst, preferably within a consulting, insurance or financial services context. A high proficiency in working through complex business challenges and determining the root cause of problems is required. Having Insurance, Reinsurance or Finance domain knowledge would also be beneficial.
The candidate will need to be familiar with different project / programme management methodologies and ways of working, e.g. Waterfall / Agile. For example, within Agile workstreams, it may be necessary to take on the role of (proxy) Product Owner, to act as the conduit between the business SMEs and development teams.
While the role is London based, they operate on a global basis and so occasional business travel may be required.
The Business Analyst's main duties include:
- Engaging with relevant business stakeholders to elicit, document and prioritise requirements to a high level of quality
- To capture and document business processes ('as–is' & 'to–be'), and technical specifications, where required.
- Being comfortable with driving and challenging business stakeholders on requirements to identify true underlying needs
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high–level information and distinguish user requests
- Working with Business Transformation Project Managers and providing relevant inputs into their project lifecycle, from initiation through to implementation
- Serving as the conduit / liaison between the business (internal and external customers) and IT function, and any applicable support teams
- Collaborating with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade–offs between usability and performance needs
- To complete change deliverables throughout the lifecycle of a project, e.g. business impact and change readiness assessments
- Facilitating user acceptance testing & training
- Adhering to the internal project methodologies to ensure outputs are delivered within the defined frameworks
- Managing stakeholder expectations through relevant and regular communication
- Building mutually beneficial and sustainable relationships
- Proactively managing workloads and any competing priorities, taking appropriate action to address potential issues that could impact delivery
Skills & experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of business analysis principles, tools, techniques and methodologies
- 5 years + business analysis experience with a proven record of successful delivery
- Professional accreditation in BCS/ISEB, or equivalent in Business Analysis preferable
- CII qualifications desirable
- Experience of working with or in an Insurance, Reinsurance or Finance function would be beneficial; London Market knowledge would be useful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders, including executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; ability to take the initiative and identify creative solutions to problems
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a fast–moving environment with rapidly evolving targets
- Good decision–making skills, taking into consideration conflicting opinions and emerging facts
- Excellent people–management skills
- Ability to work in sensitive situations