Group Reporting Accountant
This role acts as a great first step into industry as it provides you with exposure to complex rinancial reporting as well as exposure to FP&A and commercial finance. With direct contact to the CFO, you will learn a lot in a short period of time at this growing professional services firm.
My client is an independent Legal Services firm in the UK and they are one of the UK's largest providers of consumer legal services, with a number of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
Their mission is to make it easy for people in the UK to access quality legal services at a fair price and they pride themselves on delivering highly professional, affordable and fiercely independent legal services.
- Working with the Corporate Reporting team to produce year end consolidated financial reporting information.
- Liaise with the auditors at year end.
- Take responsibility (as part of the team) for ensuring our audit compliance is completed.
- Production of monthly reporting information and KPIs for inclusion in Board Report within tight deadlines.
- Liaise with the wider group to prepare analysis that will be included in the Board Report.
- Analysing and interrogating monthly results against budget.
- Preparation of monthly and annual group balance sheet reconciliations.
- Understand, in depth, the Group accounting policies and methodology applied under both FRS 102 and IFRS.
- Be part of the team that owns and communicates the Group policies and procedures.
- Implement new accounting standards including IFRS 9 & 16 and communicating this to the business units as well as senior management.
- Liaise with senior management regarding the information they require to be produced in respect of the financial year end and assist in the production of reporting outputs.
- Review and implement process improvements across the group.
- Act as the finance contact for one of the subsidiary companies, Adroit Financial Reporting Limited, preparing monthly management accounts and year end pack.
ACA/ACCA qualified with experience in professional or financial services.
1+ years' experience in a fast-paced and changing environment
Experience preparing consolidated statutory accounts
Experience in a group reporting role advantageous
Proactive and inquisitive mindset
Excellent analytical and data manipulation skills
A highly competitive package