Director Quantitative Risk
We are seeking to recruit a Director for the Quantitative Risk team Grant Thornton’s Financial Services Advisory practice.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to join our team in the growing area of financial services and with a focus on the banking sector. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will be a key member of the financial services advisory team which conducts work in areas such as quantitative risk advisory, advanced analytics, risk measurement and strategy.
The role is to help lead the delivery of a variety of engagements, ensure project team success on assignments, including dealing with client issues, and provide updates to the Partner group. The successful candidate will be exposed to a variety of jobs, and will be required to take ownership of specific projects. The role will provide an excellent prospect to build a long term and sustainable career.
- Manage: assignments, or elements thereof, and engagements in the areas of quantitative risk advisory, advanced analytics, risk measurement and strategy. This will include the provision of specialist expertise in the areas of bank risks and regulatory requirements to ensure a best in class offering to the banking market.
- Professional Development: Provide expertise and specialist knowledge to the team that contributes to developing a solid understanding of business strategy, products and markets and ensure on-going professional development by being fully aware of market and environmental changes to ensure a best in class offering to Clients.
- Business Development: Contribute to the development of best-in-class approaches to ensure the Firm can secure and deliver on engagements and assignments. Create excellent proposals that show understanding of the market, Client needs and the Firm’s offering. Ensure opportunities are well understood by the Firm and developed by focusing on relationship development.
- Communication: Take responsibility to ensure appropriate outcome of work is communicated clearly and effectively to the Director and Partner group and, where required the Client.
- Development: Provide on-going training and support to the team and on-boarding of new hires, particularly from a technical perspective. This will include planning, managing and allocating work to junior members of the team, when leading assignments and engagements. Ensure ingoing professional development by putting in place rigorous and continuous self-assessment, training and development plans.
- Management: Aid the management of the team and Client accounts, including all administration and records management. Ensure adherence to Firm policies and standards, including risk management, at all times and escalate key risk issues appropriately.
Skills and attributes:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in the area of quantitative risk (modelling) business, accounting, finance, economics, maths, risk or any related professional discipline.
- 7-10 years relevant experience in relevant financial services.
- Relevant experience includes inter alia: working in a risk, supervisory or analyst role, financial supervision, working in the banking or financial services sector, or financial/ economic modelling.
- Extensive understanding/ experience of the banking sector, the practical operation of companies within that industry and regulatory requirements.
- The role holder should have knowledge of the changing approaches and requirements used by banks, peer organisations and international standard setters.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making, planning and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to critically assess complex/ once off issues and problems with the ability to distil significant volumes of information, identifying solutions for root causes of issues.
- Strong knowledge of the banking regulatory and legal framework and a deep understanding of the following: retail or wholesale business models, key risk drivers and supervisory approaches.
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) is required in the following areas: Credit risk, IRB, Stress Testing, IFRS9, AQR, Data Analytics, Risk Data or other Quantitative Modelling techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in particular the ability to relate to senior management, staff and Clients.
- Excellent capability in managing and delivering under tight timeframes.
- Coaching and management skills.
- Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity.
- Excellent MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.