Group Internal Audit Manager - Next plc
36 Hours p/w
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and ambitious Qualified ACA to join the Finance department as the Next plc Group Internal Audit Manager.
About the Team
Based out of our Leicester Head Office, you will be responsible for the internal audit function covering the whole of Next plc including our Retail and Online operations, together with our global overseas operations and subsidiaries. This covers both UK and overseas audits as well as store based audits.
You’ll not be leading a traditional internal audit team as you won’t just be focusing on financial controls audits. Your role also covers all areas of risk management including operational and regulatory areas, (examples: anti bribery, corporate responsibility, modern slavery, gender pay and FCA). You’ll get exposure to all areas of the business and work proactively to guide and support new initiatives as well as continually reviewing processes after implementation. You’ll need to be comfortable working in a retail environment which is fast paced and challenging, and where plans can change at short notice.
About the role
- Create the audit plan for the coming year through identifying risk areas, mapping risk assurance from our risk registers and prioritising cyclical and new audit areas
- Scope the audit areas using a risk based approach and ensure that audits completed in the required time frame ensuring that the methodology and approach remains appropriate to any changing risks of the business
- Manage, develop and motivate a team of 9, 4 based at Head Office and 5 who work remotely across the UK
- Ensure that detailed audit assignments are performed effectively and to a high standard, strengthening, where appropriate, the internal control environment, whilst also adding great business value by influencing senior stakeholders
- Be required to travel in the role to a range of locations across the UK and abroad. 80-90% of your time will be spent within the UK at Head Office, our warehouses or our stores. The remaining time you’ll have the opportunity to travel to our global operations visiting our locations such as India, Russia, Germany and the Far East (e.g. Hong Kong, Bangladesh, China).
- About you
- Qualified Accountant ACA, CIMA, ACCA or IIA
- Previous experience working in a large firm in practice and ideally within an internal audit department in industry
- Experience managing and motivating a team including conducting regular 121s and performance reviews
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to deliver information and influence senior stakeholders across the business
- Great organisational and multitasking skills, both in terms of self, team and managing upwards to ensure deadlines are met
- Flexible to travel both within the UK and abroad – we will give as much notice as possible for longer distance travel
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closes 24th Mar 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.