Line Manager: Senior Group Finance
Location: London, UK
Contract Type: Permanent
Travel Required: N/A
Who we are
At MADE.com we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers and no high street stores. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture at attractive prices.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for an experienced candidate to join our finance team.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Preparation and posting of monthly journals
- Assistance with the consolidation and reporting of Group financial results on a monthly basis
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations for key balance sheet accounts
- Business partnering with operational teams to ensure that their reported results are accurate
- Administration of the Sage 200 reporting system
- Assistance in the annual audit process
- Ensure appropriate controls around the financial reporting process are followed
- Support the purchase ledger & sales ledger teams
- Ad hoc project work
What you’ll need
- You will be Part-qualified or newly qualified (CIMA/ACCA or equivalent), with 1 -2 years of industry experience.
- You will be an efficient, organized team player with an attention to detail, looking to continue to grow and develop your career in finance within a dynamic team. You will also be adaptable to change and keen to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of using Sage software or equivalent would be advantageous. Experience in online retail will be preferable but not essential.
What we offer
- A fast-paced, creative and fun office environment located 2min from Old Street tube
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects
- A supportive, diverse company with a brilliant culture
- Hot and cold drinks and free breakfast provided in the office – (including fruit for the healthy people)
- Regular work drinks along with many social and company events
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com and regular staff sample sales
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our team in the heart of Shoreditch