Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Report to: Assistant Finance Manager
Start date: ASAP
The Finance Department deals with the company’s finances, both in terms of the company’s own overheads and the financial relationship with customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. The department provides accounting services and financial support to all other elements of the organisation. The business functions of the Finance Department typically include planning, organizing, auditing, accounting for and controlling the company's finances. The Finance Department also produces the company's financial statements for internal and external use.
Purpose of the role
The Job holder will be responsible for the day-to-day aspects of the business’s accounting and reporting functions and he/she reports directly to the Assistant Finance Manager.
The job holder will be responsible for helping to prepare the management accounts, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysing variances within the data. And also he/she will be responsible for performing any ad hoc duties.
Key deliverables (Essential duties and responsibilities)
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepayments and accruals
- Preparation of for corporation tax returns and payments
- Prepare month end journals
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Processing of overheads invoices
- Processing of month end journals
- Bank reconciliation
- Employee expenses management and credit card reconciliations
- Intercompany transaction reconciliations
Please note: The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive. This job description is subject to review to ensure that it truly reflects the strategic direction requirements of Longulf.
Core competencies of required for to perform effective in this role
- Job knowledge: Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the responsibilities specific to the job, as well as the ongoing capacity to stay abreast of changes in job functions.
- Interpersonal/Communications skills: Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other employees. Maintain good work relationships both internally and externally and has the ability to work productively as a team.
- Problem solving skills: Demonstrates the ability to use creativity, reasoning, past experience, information and available resources to resolve issues.
- Compliance: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Longulf Trading (UK).
- Situation Judgment: Demonstrates the ability to make good decisions about what should be done given a specific situation. Thinks carefully before taking action and behaves appropriately for the circumstances.
- Leadership: Takes responsibility for actions, decisions, and outcomes. Can confidently take the lead role on a team, if and when necessary.
The successful candidate will be a progressive, tenacious and determined self-starter who is driven by their desire to succeed. You will have previous experience in all aspects of transactional accounting, month end and you will have previous experience preparing management accounts.
- A part qualified CIMA/ACCA Accountant (with at least 3 years related experience)
- Experience of working in trading company but not essential
- Experience of preparation of Financial and Management Accounts
- Experience of SAP B1 computerised accounting systems
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- Very flexible and able to learn new things
- Good attention to details and ability to resolve problems and providing solution to complex issues
- Track working within the team based environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business
- Ability to build respect with managers by understanding the detail of the business
- Ease with complex and technical regulations that affects accounting and tax
5PM UK time on Friday 29 March 2019. We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
How to apply
Application should include CV and cover letter stating how you meet each requirements and why you are interested in the role. Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient application.