Financial Analyst- General Accounting
If you’re looking for a company where you can do your best work and make millions of people smile a little bit each day, you’ve come to the right place.
The world’s best brand wouldn’t be possible without the world’s best employees.
Around here, we are all Leaders and brand ambassadors. The Leadership Behaviors we are passionate about are: Driving Innovation, Acting Like an Owner, Collaborating with Key Stakeholders, Inspiring Others, and Developing Self. These are not just words; these are actions that we live by.
Happiness comes in many packages.
The Finance Analyst - General Accounting is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of journal entries, account reconciliations, account inquiries and analyses.
- Assists in monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensuring accuracy of financial statements.
- Reviews classifications of income and expenses for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Verifies that expenses are processed consistently with company policy.
- Prepares adjusting entries each month for earned revenue, payroll costs, tax liabilities and other accruals
- Provides accounting assistance to stakeholders; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs
- Ensure sub-ledger and general ledger processes are in place and maintained to include required documentation
- Collaborate with cross functional business partners
- Ensure compliance with Canadian ASPE (Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises)
- Special Projects and Additional Reporting as Needed
Required Education, Professional Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus in Accounting or Finance
- Working towards obtaining an accounting designation
- 1 or 3 years of experience in an entry level role in finance
- Experience with SAP and above average Microsoft Excel and Access are required
- Excellent analytical, planning, interpersonal and communication skills