Our client are looking to strengthen the group finance team as part of the investment for the next period of growth. The initial, newly created, role is centred on supporting acquired businesses in their management reporting/business analysis and alignment with processes and controls.
Our client are a Private Equity backed business with an impressive growth trajectory and further growth on the horizon. The business is highly acquisitive and is also expanding through the opening of new divisions.
This is a thriving place to work; it's dynamic, fast-paced and full of variety.
The key aims of the role are as follows:
- Align monthly management reporting from remote sites into the core business and enable critical insight for the local management team
- Deliver process and system improvements at remote business sites focusing on improving the quality and timeliness of the MI used locally and at a group level
- Develop and establish an appropriate KPI financial and operational scorecard at remote sites
- To recommend and develop process improvements to enhance financial operations and systems, with emphasis on migrating from legacy systems/manual processes and contributing to the development of an improved finance function across the Group
- Manage and deliver ad hoc finance projects to a high level
- Working with the management team at remote sites to improve their management reporting and business analysis and alignment with Group process and controls
- Create and manage strong internal controls and processes across the group
- Generate a culture of personal accountability whilst developing a 'one company' mentality
- Leading a number of cross functional accounting projects, ie ensuring readiness for new lease accounting guidance, revenue recognition changes etc
- Partner with the Head office team and business partners prior to CFO review of project outcomes
- To develop and implement clear and documented accounting processes and controls which is particularly relevant with the migration to IFS
- Finance lead and input into group wide IT projects requiring finance involvement
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment of business objectives and drive essential behavioural and process change
- Professional accounting qualification and related professional experience
- Strong academic background
- Proven experience gained from within fast paced environments
- Adaptable and determined
- High level of computer literacy - (Excel, Sage, IFS, MS query and Qlikview are desirable)
- Challenges the need to undertake tasks in a particular way, or indeed at all, with experience of delivering continuous improvement - look for ways to improve the quality and provision of information
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable dealing with different audiences from Financial versus non-Financial, to Investors/C suite versus Accounts Assistants
- The ability to step back and see the bigger picture
- Strong technical and analytical skills and the ability to pick things up quickly
- Strong intellect, business, commercial and financial acumen - supported by a pragmatic approach and not afraid to get involved to deliver results
- To be successful in this role you must show initiative, be a self-starter with drive and commitment, an independent worker and strong team player, with the ability to learn quickly
Our client offers a competitive salary plus car allowance, benefits, bonus, 25 days annual holiday + bank holidays. Their Head office is a vibrant place to work and an excellent working environment with an on-site restaurant, gym and squash court.