Commercial Finance Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Finance Analyst. Reporting into the Head of Finance, we're looking for someone who can review and analyse business performance to ultimately strengthen the company's profitability, trading performance and service levels for continued long term improvement.
Our client are a leading European retail and lifestyle brand.
Their customers are at the heart of everything they do, but so are their colleagues. They strive to make the workplace both inclusive and collaborative and are proud to be able to offer a good work/ life balance.
This is a key, fast paced and highly analytical role offering solutions, advice and support through financial interpretation. Your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Advise and challenge the departments in building and understanding budgets and forecasts, as well as reviewing and supporting higher long term sales demand and new approaches.
- Support analysis of customer file activation and marketing cost efficiencies.
- Develop, implement and monitor KPIs for cost centres in order to control costs, identify issues and increase performance.
- Guide and challenge the Merchandising department in developing and understanding catalogue, category and product margins in order to help inform decision making, planning and improve budgeting.
- Monitor, review and analyse ongoing and past performance, variances and costs to support the departments in understanding and developing more effective plans and activities.
- Support Marketing, Merchandising & Operational departments in the collation and provision of accurate and timely financial data which enables effective financial accounting and KPI reporting.
- Work with the Financial Accounting Manager & Management Accounts team to validate and review the economic result.
- Deliver or contribute to targeted commercial test and operational projects including capital expenditure to drive improved long term demand, margins, productivity and cost control.
- Provide commercial advice, commentary or reports to the departments, SMT and the Board in order to commercial value out of financial and performance information.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with experience of working in a commercial environment beyond a finance function
- Understanding of marketing and merchandising approaches, operational systems and processes
- Ability to develop strong cross functional relationships with management and professionals within commercial and operational departments
- Ability to challenge, guide and advise non-financial professionals
- Strong influencing and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and with group teams
On offer is the opportunity to work in an inclusive and flexible workplace with friendly colleagues. You'll be well rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.