Business Analyst – Insurance – Surrey – 550 per day
My client a leading Insurance business based in Surrey are looking for a BA on a contract basis. You will be responsible for working with business partners, stakeholders and other team members to identify and understand highly complex business requirements and processes in order to recommend and support the delivery of quality technical solutions. The individual may be asked to assume responsibility for project management activities, including the planning, coordination and execution of projects in support of our business partners.
- Responsible for eliciting and documenting business requirements and recommending solutions in support of business needs and overall IT strategies. Produces required project lifecycle documentation such as project initiation documents, detailed business requirements, diagrams and use cases.
- Responsible for producing functional and non–functional specifications as well as other deliverables related to the project(s) assigned.
- Leads customer, stakeholders and development team members in the process of analysing business requirements and developing solutions aligned with business and IT strategies.
- Responsible for gathering, compiling and synthesising information with regard to business or technology processes and/or systems. Consistently demonstrates in–depth knowledge of core business processes.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; write improved procedures.
- Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends.
- Participates in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with the business or regulatory standards and policies; and optimise relations with internal control and external regulators by addressing any issues.
- Assumes project management responsibilities on some assignments. In this capacity, manage smaller technology projects to ensure projects are delivered on time within agreed budget and to agreed quality standards.
- Working with the Project Management Office, manage projects following the Project Management methodology, ensuring that risks are managed; issues are addressed; costs and time are monitored; communications take place with stakeholders; quality is managed; and the team is engaged.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides clear written and verbal communications to project team.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by IT Management.
- 5+ years of business analysis experience within Insurance sector, preferably in relation to reinsurance/insurance technology applications.
- Bachelor's degree in business, related field or equivalent experience
- Professional qualifications in business analysis and project management are not required, they are preferred
- Strong understanding of business analysis methodology/processes, based either in IIBA, PMI or BCS
- Strong understanding of the Lloyd's Insurance Market
- Understanding of ECF and ECF Write Back capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and control smaller projects in a structured project management environment, using PRINCE 2 or PMI Practitioner methodologies
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills; with the ability to create solid written project artifacts, including the business case creation and production of functional specifications.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to drive projects and deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong problem–solving, lateral thinking, communications, planning, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and support multiple projects.
- Strong experience with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio and MS Access.
- Attention to detail, ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Demonstrated success in a fast– paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing projects and demands.
- Flexible approach – we are a global operation