The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Regulatory Reporting (RRCO) team within Bank of Ireland Group Finance is responsible for prudential, liquidity and statistical reporting to the Bank's various Regulators and Supervisors. RRCO is a professional, proactive & dynamic team which engages with colleagues in all key functions such as business, IT@BoI, risk and treasury to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the Bank's returns.
Purpose of the Role
If you're a self-starter and innovator with an appetite to deliver real change through technology with tangible benefits then this role could be for you.
- Lead RRCO change projects that meet RRCO's automation and data strategy and also represent RRCO on relevant Group projects
- Uses project management best practices to control project scope, schedule, resources, activities and risks
- Provide effective project leadership and decision making for day to day management
- Engage with stakeholders and provide insights and recommendations on process/system improvements
- Working with colleagues in RRCO Solutions team and across IT@BoI, Finance and Risk to ensure effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions
- Undertake other Project and Reporting duties that may arise from time to time
What is the opportunity
You will become a member of Systems & Change, a fast- moving team focussed on ensuring business readiness to meet the challenges of today's evolving regulatory climate.
You will use technology and problem solving skills to deliver change that help drive operational excellence through automation, reduced operational risk and greater analytical insight.
A third-level qualification in mathematics, statistics, IT or another discipline involving a significant numerical element.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills including recognised project management/LEAN qualification
- Project Management experience and natural ability to prioritise and manage complex and inter-dependent activities to tight timelines
- Strong interpretative and analytical experience and skills with ability to challenge constructively current processes and norms
- Self-starter with a "roll-up sleeves" attitude, excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of and experience within Regulatory Reporting, Credit Risk or Treasury within the financial services sector
- A strong reporting background with experience of analytical/reporting tools ( e.g. SAS, OBIEE, Tableau, SAP)
- Ability to manage stakeholder at all levels, highly organised with a strong attention-to-detail
- Proven track record in delivering technology driven solutions through a full project life cycle
- Controls or Risk Management Experience
- Enthusiastic with a passion for change and efficiency
- Results-oriented, relationship builder, and confident self-starter
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Mar 06, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.