Financial Controller and Office Manager
Local Dialogue is a leading public affairs/communications consultancy working with clients in both the public and private sectors, including national and regional housebuilders, local authorities, commercial, sport, retail and leisure developers and energy providers.
We are looking to recruit a new Financial Controller and Office Manager. Working with the Directors you will take responsibility for all financial aspects of the business including book keeping, management accounts and managing our offices in Vauxhall, Leeds and Southampton.
This important role would equally suit an existing Financial Controller and Office Manager or somebody looking to return to work after a career break. Flexible hours are available.
Duties will include:
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly financial duties, including dealing with supplier invoices, debtor chasing and sales invoices and bank reconciliation.
- Production of monthly cash flow and management accounts.
- Preparation of year–end financial accounts.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return.
- Process salary and expenses including Payroll, pension, National Insurance and PAYE.
- Management of bank accounts, credit cards, payments, supplier contracts and petty cash.
- Effective organisation of office function including management of IT, hardware and software support.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- You will have extensive experience and a strong understanding of different finance and accountancy computer packages and experience of using in–house CRM systems, ideally QuickBooks and Synergist.
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar financial role.
- Professional accountancy/ financial based qualification.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
We are looking to appoint as soon as possible, and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. If the right candidate is found, the position may be filled ahead of the closing date.