Risk & Audit Analyst - Haywards Heath, Sussex, UK.
The primary role of the Risk & Audit Analyst is to assist the Head of Enterprise Risk Management and the Group Internal Auditor to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the Group. This is done by ensuring that the enterprise risk management framework is operating in a robust and effective manner across all Group entities.
- Work with the Head of ERM and the Group Internal Auditor to ensure a robust and holistic Risk Management framework is operating effectively within the Group and across all its subsidiaries.
- Assist to develop and maintain Group policies and ensure these are rolled out to all Group subsidiaries for local implementation.
- Assist with the collation, analysis and reporting of risk information from across the Group subsidiaries and up to the Group Audit & Risk Committee to identify key risks and trends, anticipate new risks which may emerge and ensure mitigating actions are in place.
- Assist in maintaining the Group's risk register by collating risk information from across the Group's subsidiaries
- Maintain the Group's KRI log by collating risk information from across the Group
- Assist with the design and operating effectiveness of the Group entities' controls and processes and their adherence to relevant laws and regulations
- Liaise with management and compliance teams as necessary on regulatory matters and good practice in order to ensure that the Group businesses have in place a workable and effective control environment
- Assist the Group Internal Auditor to obtain and collate information required to conduct assurance reviews
- Assist the Group Internal Auditor to liaise with internal stakeholders for the performance of audit reviews as required
- Contribute towards ensuring a robust risk awareness culture is maintained within the Group businesses
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Critical thinking, the ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
- The ability to work with independence as well as part of a team
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Resilience under pressure
- The intellectual ability required to constantly absorb new information
- Flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
- A service orientation
- An ability to recognise and respond to diverse thinking styles, learning styles and cultural qualities; and a global mind set
- Risk management
- Data management
- Regulatory framework
- Compliance knowledge
- Development of policies, procedures and controls
QUALIFICATIONS: Higher Education at Degree Level
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years post qualification experience in a relevant risk function within afinancial services environment