Joining a busy and successful team as a Management Accountant in their Birmingham office
Well established and growing Organisation looking for an additional part qualified Management Accountant to join their team.
Working closely with the Finance Manager, key responsibilities of the Management Accountant will consist of the following:
- Supporting with timely and accurate completion of monthly management accounts.
- Assist and support the Finance Manager in partnering with the business leads to review and challenge financial performance, cost control, forecasts and business/budget planning.
- Control and administrate the billing process to ensure that invoices are raised in a timely manner in adherence to the provisions of the contract.
- Reconciliation and management of all accruals, pre-payments, provisions and deferred income.
- Reconciliation of payroll costs and comparisons to forecast and business plan down to cost centre level.
- Maintain control over all balance sheet accounts and ensure regular reconciliations are performed and support/back-up is available for all material balances.
- Support year-end processes and external audit queries.
- Monthly Financial Analysis - produce variance analysis that is meaningful, robust and useful to internal stakeholders.
- Raise and control purchase orders and reconcile these to the financial forecast.
- Assist the Finance team in streamlining and improving existing processes and designing new reports and models where necessary.
- Assist with ad-hoc divisional and group reporting queries / requests for information.
The successful candidate will be studying towards their ACCA/ACA/CIMA and will have proven experience of supporting with the management accounts process and month end.
SAP system experience also highly advantageous.
Excellent development and progression.